During the last few months we have been working behind the scenes to create an Advisory Board for Field to Family, develop a work plan, create a development strategy and recruit volunteers to serve on planning committees.
Our Advisory Board convened in late 2014 and provided feedback, ideas and next steps for each of our program areas. Soon after, the Field to Family Board of Directors officially approved a 2015 work plan and budget. Here are some highlights of the plan:
- Strengthening board leadership; developing & following best practices for non-profit organizations; diversifying income sources;
- Updating our Local Food Finder online guide (formerly Buy Fresh Buy Local), adding a new category for caterers;
- Creating a new program to develop and host educational programs on healthy food systems;
- Adding more educational events to our annual Local Foods Festival held in September 2015;
- Reconvening the ICCSD Farm to School planning committee; provide logistical and planning support for 5-6 school gardens; host two Farmer Fairs;
- Click the link above for more information on each program area, upcoming events and discover ways you can get involved!